Monday, May 18, 2009

Cyberspace is a good listener

Hi again.

So last night's journey into blogland was a fun one. As I write, I imagine an audience before me, interested in hearing my thoughts about life and the world. Usually, I have difficulty finding people to listen to me without having to manage their challenges and attempts at changing the subject! I love this no cross-talk forum. That is not to say that I don't enjoy conversations, it's just that I tend to need some space and time to talk so that I can even figure out what my thoughts are. You know? I'm sure I'm an offender too, but it's hard to find listeners who are actually listening openly and with genuine curiosity. Even when people have questions about what I'm saying, they are often actually challenges veiled in curiosity. My ideas tend to challenge the status quo--because that is interesting to me--and often I find myself on an imaginary witness stand having to defend them. I have to think there is something cultural about how we welcome or don't welcome brand new ideas. Again, I am sure I do these very things that I am criticizing right now because that is how my world works.

So, my stance on blogging: fun, and gives me a chance to try out new ideas and let them just be for a while. Cyberspace does not judge or give me grades--as far as I know.

Over and out,
Jenn Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment